Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Underlying Meaning - a poem

Misery and his co-conspirators rub their hands in glee
A quick shoulder peep and a public whisper
Enough to draw suspicion from me.

Huddled sneers tip toe after good fortune.

Oblivious Collusion taps on my shoulder
Well-meaning and well mean, he offers outdated fantasy in lieu of well wishes
My demons need no assistance, thank you very much!

Just when I thought Murphy had lost his gangrenous touch.

So easily catching and contagious, this disease of the imagination
Disguised as faith it proposes to be canonised
The muddled herd only needs a moment of ear time.

One word is a word too many. 

I will not be written by another's fancy or things-to-do
There is simply not enough time for it
Not to deny the dents and obvious imperfections.

Do not tolerate the additional weight of another's broken perception.











No comments:

Post a Comment